A long, long time ago I bought a canner. A simple, water bath canner. It was purchased during one of the most difficult times of my life and has only been used a few times, in the summer of discontent when I first brought it home. Over ten years have past, and while I have let go of almost all of my possessions from that period of my life, the canner has made made the cut every time I purge my unused clutter.
Today I canned 8 quarts of applesauce. Somehow a cycle of wanting was complete. I purchased the canner hoping to someday have a lifestyle that involved lazy Sunday mornings in a cinnamon-scented kitchen, with cute children and an adoring husband playing in the other room. Today I had all of that and more.
The lesson for the day is that sometimes it takes a very long time to experience the reality of what the heart wants. And yet, ten years is nothing to give for the blissful peace of satisfaction.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment